Most likely your termcap entry is broken. From Juice 0.03d onwards I recommend that you use Eterm together with the Eterm termcap entry I wrote (see Eterm.ti). If you do that and use a vga font, use TERM `eterm-vga'', otherwise use `eterm''. Juice will automatically attempt to use hi-ascii for the following terminal types: linux, Eterm-vga, eterm-vga, and ACS (alternate character set) characters for other terminal types (if available). If your function keys is broken (it shouldn't be if you use the combination described above), you can use the numbers on your keyboard instead (1 = F1, 2 = F2, etc. (not the numeric pad keys though)). If any of the other keys are broken, you should either fix your terminfo entry, edit your Xmodmap entry, or both.
I can't do this with the current playlist mode I use (because the playing track isn't necessarily in the playlist anymore). I'm planning to add another playing mode soon (as soon as I fixed all/most bugs in the current juice (0.03 versions), so if all goes well, you can expect this feature in version 0.04a.
I disabled it because it actually sounds worse when fading up/down, especially when fadingtime is small - I will look into this problem later on.
Juice only use a system wide configuration file because I'm assuming that most (all?) systems only have one soundcard and therefore only one user is going to use juice. If enough people complain about this, I might change it - It's no big deal anyway...
See the question regarding hi-ascii for more information.
If NUM_IS_FUNC is defined in config.h (it is by default), you can use the corresponding numbers as function keys as well (e.g. 1 = F1, 2 = F2, etc.)
Your terminal doesn't support cursor disabling. Just use one that does. (Once again, Eterm + export TERM=rxvt seems to be the solution to all my problems)
This is a problem with the Creative Labs drivers. I have not tried the OSS or ALSA drivers yet, so I don't know if it suffers from the same problem. It's not too serious in any case because, it's just some of the channels that's missing and the mixer do not work on /dev/dsp1. If you use cam, you will also get problems, but that's not my fault either. You should've noticed that cam detects the volume of certain channels too high with the SB-Live!
Unable to connect to database server!